The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) is an agency of the federal government with its corporate head office in Abuja. NAFDAC is empowered to regulate and control the manufacture, importation, exportation, distribution, advertisement, sale and use of food, drugs, cosmetics, chemicals, medical devices and packaged water (known as regulated products).
• Regulate and control the importation, exportation, manufacture, advertisement, distribution, sale and use of regulated products.
• Conduct appropriate tests and ensure compliance with standard specifications.
• Undertake appropriate investigation of the production premises and raw materials of regulated products.
• Compile standard specifications, regulations, and guidelines for the production, importation, exportation, sale and distribution of regulated products.
• Control the exportation and issue quality certification of regulated products intended for export.
• Establish and maintain relevant laboratories for the performance of its functions.
• Ensure that the use of narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances are limited to medical and scientific use only.
• Undertake the registration of food, drugs, medical devices, bottled water and chemicals.
• Undertake inspection of imported regulated products.
• Pronounce on the quality and safety of regulated products after appropriate analysis.
NAFDAC is headed by the Director General. The current Director General is Dr Paul Orhii.
PLOT 2032 OLUSEGUN OBASANJO WAY, WUSE ZONE, 7, ABUJA.
Telephone : 09-6718008, 09-5240996
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org